Meeker County like most rural county’s in MN is working on improving Child Care. This includes working with partners to help in these areas.
- Work with current providers to enhance their financial sustainability, work to help with regulatory issues/permitting and help the current providers esp. in home providers the ability to do what they love long term.
- Work with Non profits, Co. Social Services, Chamber of Commerce, School Districts, City’s and private business to look for ways to enhance and fill gaps where gaps exist.
- Future Child Care Study and Assessment to know where we are today, and what needs we have for the future. This will help us to develop child care solutions for the future.
- Develop Technical Assistance programs for start up child care in the future using partners such as First Children’s Finance and other like non profits/agencies. These experts can help with start ups, help existing facilities and planning for the future needs.
- For many startups and current providers, First Children’s Finance is a great resource.
- Information in Meeker County about Child Care
- Child Care provider information and search for a provider in your area
- Minnesota Department of Health – Licensed Family Child Care
- West Central Child Care Aware information
First Children’s Finance, Rural Child Care Innovation Program
Check out this flyer to learn more about Child Care in Meeker County.
Meeker County Child Care Provider Grant
The Meeker County Child Care Provider Grant Was created to support the growth of new child care providers and to assist current providers with critical needs in order to address child care shortages in Meeker County. The program will assist child care providers and programs who are soon-to-be licensed with purchasing items or making improvements that are required by licensing or are critical to the start-up of the business. Meeker County Child care Provider Grant can also assist existing licensed providers with needs that are critical for the continued operation of the business.
Grant applications can be mailed to:
Meeker Co EDA 422 S. Johnson Drive Litchfield MN 55355