MDC encourages entrepreneurship in Meeker County
Small businesses employ 70% of the country’s employees with most businesses having 25 or less employees. We view entrepreneurship as a high priority for the future of growing our economy. Many very successful businesses were smaller startups. Apple and Microsoft started in humble beginnings in their garages or parents garages. We understand the needs of small business and entrepreneurs.
MDC can help your start up in these ways:
- Get you started on your business plan and components needed for a successful plan
- Coordinate with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to help write and create financial projects needed for cash flow analysis.
- Introduction to Center of Rural Entrepreneurship (CORE)
- Analysis of business plan and financial forecast
- Pre Financing consulting
- Equity needs and investment strategies
- How to do a business plan
- What is a personal financial statement/ How do I create one?
Land and Building Acquisition
- Work with local real-estate, Chambers and local governments’ to find a suitable building or site you may need for your small business.
- Work with State and local governments’ on possible tax incentives
- Help to identify possible lots, new developments, and planning and zoning needs
- Help to identify infrastructure need for site development
- Coordination of potential infrastructure tax incentives for development
- Analysis of needed equity and loan needed to start business
- Best loan options such as SBA, gap financing, traditional lending, venture capital
- Connection to web design companies, high speed internet connections
- Coordinate with CPA’s and other financial experts
- Coordinate with Chambers and network with companies that interest your company
- Help with marketing