New Housing Development
There is a need for more housing in many of the towns. There is a need and demand for multifamily housing for seniors, affordable workforce housing, as well as for executive style homes (particularly in Litchfield).
We encourage meeting with MDC and have a pre development meeting prior to contacting other agencies. It’s simply easier to help clients prior to unveiling their plan to others. In many cases we can make the process very easy and avoid many of the pitfalls/delays that can happen in development.
What MDC Can Do for Developers
- Pre Development Consulting
- Act as liaison between city/county for:
- Planning and Zoning
- Tax/Develop incentives
- Working with Engineers
- Infrastructure needs
- Coordinate with building officials and permits
- Pre Financial/Pre Development Financial Analysis:
- Coordinate with your financial institution on lending
- Help with Consulting/Coordinating business plans
Existing Housing Lot Availability
Lots are available in several cities in Meeker County (mostly single family).
- Dassel has approximately 80 lots for sale
- Eden Valley has lots platted and for sale
- Watkins has lots for sale
- Litchfield has lots for sale
These lots are zoned, planned, and ready to be built. They are either PUD or R1/R2 zoning.
MDC Can Help Connect You to These Developments
- Can help coordinate development opportunities in these existing developments
In 2016 Housing Study/ MDC is focused on the housing needs of all in Meeker County.
A County Wide Housing Study has been completed by Community Partners Consulting. This study gives a detailed analysis of the needs and types of housing that will be projected for the next 5 years and beyond for all the communities in Meeker County.
Here are the 2016 Housing Studies. Please click on the link of which city you want to view for the full reports.
Add your content here
The housing study shows in each town the level of demand, units, types and ways to enhance and meet the existing as well as the future needs of housing in Meeker County. If you need further information or clarification on study details please contact our office for an appointment to be able to get your answers in more detail.