New Housing Development
There is a need for more housing throughout many of the towns in Meeker County. Over the years, we have noticed an increasing need and demand (specifically within Litchfield) for multifamily housing for seniors, affordable workforce housing, and executive-style homes.
We highly encourage you to meet with MDC to have a pre-development meeting prior to contacting other agencies. It is easier for us to help clients to the best of our ability before they unveil their plans to others. In many cases, we can make the process easy for clients, where we avoid many of the pitfalls/delays that can happen in development.
What MDC Can Do for Developers
- Pre Development Consulting
- Act as liaison between city/county for:
- Planning and Zoning
- Tax/Develop incentives
- Working with Engineers
- Infrastructure needs
- Coordinate with building officials and permits
- Pre Financial/Pre Development Financial Analysis:
- Coordinate with your financial institution on lending
- Help with Consulting/Coordinating business plans
Existing Housing Lot Availability
Lots are available in several cities in Meeker County (mostly single family).
- Dassel has approximately 80 lots for sale
- Eden Valley has lots platted and for sale
- Watkins has lots for sale
- Grove City has platted lots for sale
- Litchfield has lots for sale
These lots are zoned, planned, and ready to be built. They are either PUD or R1/R2 zoning.
MDC Can Help Connect You to These Developments
- Can help coordinate development opportunities in these existing developments
Fair Market Rent
In 2021, the Fair Market Rent (FMR) for a two-bedroom apartment was $1,133. In Meeker County, the same study found that the FMR for a two-bedroom apartment was $755, making Meeker a more affordable living area than much of Minnesota.